iZeit is an easy to use online PHP calendar and to-do list. Key features offered by
Unlike other online calendars such as Google or 30Boxes, iZeit runs on your own server, so it's totally customizable. The development team is constantly looking for suggestions for future versions of the calendar, so if you think of something
not yet implemented, let us know!
No major changes in this release, a few more icons, several bug fixes and new translations into Romanian and Georgian.
Changes in iZeit 3.5.0
- Added: Georgian Translation (Thanks Gia Shervashidze).
- Added: Romanian Translation (Thanks Constantin Cehan).
- Added: Option to open Google Maps links in a new window.
- Added: Automatic language detection.
- Added: More icons.
- Fixed: Several bugs in print view (Thanks Impalor).
- Fixed: In charcoal theme, 'Choose File' label on import iCal form was the same colour as the background.
- Fixed: Colorpicker on registration page.
Emoticons, charts and an HTML editor are among the features added with this release. There are also a few changes and bug fixes.
Changes in iZeit 3.4.0
- Added: TinyMCE editor and HTML support for events and tasks.
- Added: Emoticons.
- Added: Icons to search.
- Added: Reports feature which draws charts (Thanks Vondutchx).
- Added: Checkbox to mark a task as ongoing.
- Updated: Dutch Translation (Thanks Patrick Visser).
- Changed: Public events in private categories now show 'Private' as the category name instead of being blank.
- Changed: Descriptive text for multi-day events now shows the number of days the event spans.
- Changed: The default view now shows the current date instead of the first day of the month (Thanks Joe).
- Changed: PDF output now shows the abbreviated day name as a column header to prevent truncation.
- Changed: PDF output now includes the recent improvements to time spans.
- Fixed: Control panel settings bug.
- Fixed: Bug causing category colour settings not to be written to a CSS file.
Icons are now supported throughout, for both events and tasks, and titles and descriptions can be edited inline using AJAX.
If you're upgrading from any previous version, you need to first export your database to XML from the control panel, then run the backup file through the XML Converter Utility to update it. Once you have an updated backup file, you can upload the new files and go to http://yourdomain/izeit/index.php?act=upgrade to start the upgrade.
Changes in iZeit 3.3.0
- Added: Icons for tasks.
- Added: Hover popups to tasks in event manager
- Added: Ajax editing for names and descriptions on view event/view task pages.
- Added: Options to start the week on any day. For example, if your working week starts on Tuesday, iZeit can now display this as the first day.
- Changed: Moved close button on customise panel to a more normal position (top right of the window).
- Changed: The edit, delete and mark complete links in the todo list are now only shown for users who have permission.
- Changed: Icons are now displayed in all parts of iZeit.
- Changed: The task list is now sortable in event manager.
- Changed: Lots of small CSS tweaks.
- Changed: Filters are now hidden by default.
- Changed: Password security enhancement.
- Fixed: Bug when deleting users (Thanks pvisser).
- Fixed: Task permission bug for anonymous users.
- Speed increases.
The main features added by this version are a search facility and support for event icons.
Changes in iZeit 3.2.0
- Added: Icons for events.
- Added: Search facility.
- Added: Event counter to Event Manager.
- Added: Option to clear the database before restoring. If the option is checked and there are items in the backup file selected, the existing entries will be deleted and replaced with the backup. This should prevent people from exporting just events and tasks for example, then going to restore and finding the database has been cleared and they can't log in.
- Changed: Optimizations the Event Manager.
- Changed: Day abbreviations and navigation buttons now have a title attribute to improve usability with screenreaders.
- Changed: In day view, if an event does not last all day but spans multiple hours, it is now shown as occupying every hour between the start and end times.
- Fixed: AJAX todo editing bug which occured when users were not logged in, yet still had permission to edit tasks.
- Fixed: Bug with Portuguese translation (Thanks Cruxe).
This version changes a few things and includes an updated version of the library used to send Gmail notifications. Although this is a minor update, you will need to export your database to XML before upgrading.
Changes in iZeit 3.1.6
- Changed: The 'Include Complete' setting for the todo list will now persist between sessions.
- Changed: Categories can now be added from the mass edit form.
- Updated: libgmailer to latest version.
Database exports now use the XML format, meaning you can export from iZeit into OnTime or vice-versa. Translations have also been updated.
Changes in iZeit 3.1.5
- Added: XML import and export.
- Changed: Removed iCal link from the bottom of the calendar. The iCal toolbar link was made context sensitive several versions ago, so the smaller link seemed unnecessary.
This release includes a few tweaks and updates.
Changes in iZeit 3.0.5
- Added: Popup descriptions to all day events in week view.
- Changed: Default category names are now localised.
- Changed: Multi-day events will now be shown on all days on which they occur.
- Changed: Tweaked permission checks when editing/deleting an event or task. Users belonging to groups which can only edit their own events will no longer be able to edit public items added by guests.
The main feature offered in this release is interoperability with OnTime, which will be further improved during the next few months.
Changes in iZeit 3.0.0
- Added option to export to an unencrypted format which can be imported into OnTime.
- Modified database format to be compatible with OnTime, allowing both to share the same database.
- Fixed several bugs with the Ajax edit form.
If you currently have a previous version of iZeit installed, do not install this version until you have exported a backup file. The backup will need to be manually updated, but in future releases this will be automatic.
Translations are getting out of date, so if anyone could help with updating existing translations or providing new ones, please let me know via email or post in the forums.
This is the current completion status of all languages:
Chinese - 88%
Croatian - 37%
Czech - 89%
Dutch - 55%
English - 100%
French - 88%
German - 90%
Italian - 87%
Polish - 88%
Portuguese - 75%
Russian - 87%
Serbian Cyrillic - 41%
Serbian Latin - 39%
Slovenian - 89%
Spanish - 87%
Swedish - 88%
Turkish - 54%
Greek - 88%
Two new translations in this release.
Changes in iZeit 2.9.5
Changes in iZeit 2.9.4
- Added French and Greek translations. (Thanks AKatsoulis)
- Removed 'Starts' and 'Duration' fields on mini mode when end date is turned off.
This release adds a Slovenian translation and a public/private feature for todo items.
- Added Slovenian translation. (Thanks Klemen Brumen)
- Added status field for tasks. Tasks can now be posted so everyone can see them (Thanks Zeratull)